Launch of GCRF COMPASS – REES/OSGA Oxford partnership
On 21 October 2021, Prof. Chris Gerry, PI and Head of OSGA, and Prof. Elena Korosteleva COI, launched a series of Oxford Belarus Observatory (OBO) webinars on Belarus, the first of a number of OBO initiatives. More information on OBO events is available on the OBO webpage.
- Professor Khaydarali Yunusov from UWED has been awarded a prestigious Jean Monnet Center of Excellence project in September 2020. He said: ‘ This successful application is a breakthrough for our university, and at the same time, a well-deserved recognition of our research focus and scientific capacity’. The UWED`s Tashkent Jean Monnet Center of Excellence intends to be a focal point for competences and knowledge about the European studies in Uzbekistan. The Project combines the three type of activities in the field of EU studies: teaching, research and awareness raising dissemination through open public debates and publications. It offers a new, more institutionalized, centralized, and specialized form of European studies for the Uzbek academic world.
This project also capitalises on the achievements and results of the previous JM projects in 2009-2019 (Module, Chair, and dedicated Projects). It also allows the UWED to take the next step towards more integrated academic cooperation with partner universities (JM chairs, CoEs) and a worldwide Jean Monnet Networks platform. During the project lifetime we envisage 48 events: 36 roundtables, 6 conferences, 3 international summer universities and 3 annual competition for the nomination “The best research paper in EU studies”. Altogether 30 trans-border mobility partnerships 84 publications (textbooks, collection of conferences` materials, monographs and periodicals) will be developed.
- Launch of the Centre for Eurasian and European Research, Faculty of International Relations, Belarusian State University, led by Professor Roza Turarbekova. The Centre is a spin off initiative of research collaboration with the COMPASS Project with a key research focus on Eurasian Integration (including the Eurasian Economic Union) and the presence of China (BRI 2.0) in Eastern Europe. The Centre is preparing a series of initiatives for funding, with the support of the COMPASS project. The Centre also hosts a lively FB page, available here
- Cooperation with a new Centre for Expert and Analytical Studies & NGO ‘Tahlil’, Tajik National University, led by Dr Farrukh N. Salimov
- Cooperation with the Innovation and Scientific Research Centre, Tashkent (Uzbekistan) led by Shakhboz Akhmadov
- Cooperation with Eurasian Research Institute in Almaty, Kazakhstan, under the leadership of Professor Gulnar Nadirov and Dr Albina Muratbekova.