iCSS organises internal and external facing events on campus from time to time. The biggest event we run is our public engagement event Kent Cyber Security Forum/Festival (KCSF). The institute also routinely (co-)organises and hosts scientific conferences, workshops, summer schools and other events. Prior to the establishment of iCSS in 2021, our events were organised by Kent Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Cyber Security (KirCCS).
iCSS (co-)organised/hosted events 2022
- 4 & 5 October, 2022: Kent Cyber Security Festival (KCSF) 2022, iCSS flagship annual event, to be held at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK, as part of Kent Youth Summit 2022
- 5-8 September, 2022: ICICS 2022, 24th International Conference on Information and Communications Security, held at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK and online as a hybrid event
- iCSS sponsored four awards: a Best Presentation Award, a Best Artifact Award, a Best Poster Award and a Best Demo Award.
- 29 July, 2022: Joint Swansea-Kent Workshop on Biometrics, held at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK as a physical event
Events (co-)chaired by iCSS members
- 23-26 August 2022: IoT-SECFOR 2022, 6th International Workshop on Security and Forensics of IoT, and WSDF 2022, 15th International Workshop on Digital Forensics, co-located at ARES 2022, 17th International Conferences on Availability, Reliability and Security (Dr Virginia Franqueira as Co-Chair), held in Vienna, Austria
- iCSS sponsored a Best Paper Award for each workshop.
- 22-24 June, 2022: IEEE DSC 2022, 5th IEEE Conference on Dependable and Secure Computing (Professor Shujun Li as TPC Co-Chair of the Main Track), held in Edinburgh, UK and online as a hybrid event
- iCSS sponsored three awards: a Best Paper Award (Main Track), a Best Student Paper Award (Main Track) and a Best Paper Award (Experience and Practice Track).
- 8 June, 2022: When Cyber Security Meets AI Ethics: What human society will be like by 2030, a virual roundtable discussion at the Anthropology, AI and the Future of Human Society Conference (Dr Harmonie Toros and Professor Shujun Li as co-facilitators)