Instrumentation for high-resolution optical imaging of patients and in-vitro tissue has been developed for areas including the retina, cornea, larynx, skin, basal cell carcinoma of eye lids, the tympanic membrane, neuronal tissue, drosophila embryos, dental constructs, abfraction, attrition, and for non-medical applications such as art conservation.
University of Kent
- Dr. Gurprit Lall, Lecturer in Pharmacology / Neurophysiology, Medway School of Pharmacy – Co-supervisor of PhD student, Philip Broadbridge (Optical coherence tomography of brain rat tissue) and supervisor on the European Industrial Doctorate.
- Dr. Peter Lee, Senior Lecturer in Electronic Engineering, School of Electronics and Digital Arts – Co-supervisor of PhD student Steven Moser (LRT wavefront sensor) and supervisor on the European Industrial Doctorate.
- Dr. Gary Robinson, Senior Lecturer in Microbial Biotechnology/Technology Transfer Manager,School of Biosciences – Supervisor on the European Industrial Doctorate.
- Fred Barnes – Supervisor on the European Industrial Doctorate.
- Ali Hojjatoleslami, former Lecturer in the School of Biosciences and honorary lecturer in the School of Computing.
University of Kent Innovation Centre
- Dr. Boris Gorbunov, Technical leader, Naneum Ltd and Visiting Professor in the School of Physical Sciences – Co-supervisor of PhD student Brian Steer (measurement of nanoparticles).
- Professor Philip J Luther, Professor of Pathology, Head of Division of Pathology. Director, Institute of Ophthalmology, London – Supervisor on the European Industrial Doctorate.
- Professor Ted Garway-Heath, UCL School of Life and Medical Sciences – Supervisor on the European Industrial Doctorate.
- Ranj Ranjendran, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, London and Moorfieds Eye Hospital, London – Supervisor on the European Industrial Doctorate.
- Mr. Taran Tatla, Jingyin Y Pang, Y. Y. Zhang, Consultant ENT Surgeon at Northwick Park, St Mark’s and Central Middlesex Hospitals.
- Mr. Wallace Poon and Mr. David Schuz, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust – Co-supervisors of a Kent Health PhD student (imaging the eye), visiting lecturers in the School of Physical Sciences.
- Mr. Ejaz Ansari, Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS, Trust, Maidstone, Kent – Visiting professor in the School of Physical Sciences.
- Mr. Jon B. Schofield, Department of Cellular Pathology, Maidstone Hospital, Maidstone, Kent.
- Ms. Mona Khwandala, Eye, Ear and Mouth Unit, Maidstone Hospital, Maidstone, Kent – Optical coherence tomography of basal cell carcinoma of eye lids.
- Prof Guang-Zhong Yang, Hamlyn Centre for Robotic Surgery, Imperial College London – OCT and robotics, REBOT Project.
- Mr. Sam van der Jeught, Dr. Jan A N Buytaert, Dr. Joris J J Dirckx, Dr. J. R. M. Aerts, University of Antwerp, Belgium, Laboratory of Biomedical Physics, UGroenenborgerlaan Antwerp – Collaboration on imaging the tympanic membrane.
- Dr. Costel Flueraru, Costel Flueraru, Dr. Shoude Chang, Dr. Youxin Mao, Institute for Microstructural Sciences, National Research Council Canada, Ottawa, Canada – Collaboration on noise analysis in optical coherence tomography.
- Dr. Sherif Sherif, University of Manitoba, Canada – Collaboration on noise analysis in optical coherence tomography.
- Dr. Xiang Zhou, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China, Laser and infrared application research institute, School of Mechanical Engineering, Xi’an, Shaanxi province – Collaboration on signal processing for optical imaging.
- Professor Christopher Dainty, National University of Ireland, Galway – Collaboration on adaptive optics.
- Grigori Gelikonov, Head of Laboratory at the Institute of Applied Physics of the Russian Academy of Science and Director of BioMedTech Llc. and Professor Valentin Gelikonov, The Institute of Applied Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Nizhny Novgorod , Russia – Collaboration on scanning probes for optical coherence tomography of the larynx.
- Richard Rosen, Professor of ophthamology, New Your Eye and Ear Infirmary, Chief of Retina Service and Director of Ophthalmology – Research in the Advanced Retinal Imaging Laboratory, visiting professor in the School of Physical Sciences, collaborator on the en-face optical coherence tomography and OCT/SLO projects.
- Professor Xingde Li, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, John Hopkins University, Laboratory of Biophotonics Imaging Technologies, USA – Collaborator on scanning probes for optical coherence tomography for endoscopy.
- Dr. Carla C. Rosa, University of Porto, Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Portugal – Collaboration on optical configurations for optical coherence tomography and noise analysis.
- Professor Antonio Lobo Ribeiro, University Fernando Pessoa, Porto.
- Faculty of Dentistry, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Victor Babes, Timisoara, Romania – Collaborators on optical coherence tomography for dentistry:
- Conf. Dr. Meda Negrutiu – Visiting senior lecturer in the School of Physical Sciences.
- S.L. Dr. Cosmin Sinescu – Visiting lecturer in the School of Physical Sciences.
- Dr. Corina Marcauteanu – Collaboration on optical coherence tomography evaluation of abfraction and attrition.
- Professor M. Rominu, Ms. Enikö Demjan, M Enescu, Miss. Silvana Ganjau, Mrs. L. Goguţă, Mr. C. Ionita, L. Marsavina,Ms. E. Petrescu, Mr. M. Fabriky, Mr. R. Negru, Mr. D. Pop, Mrs. R. Rominu, Ms. Andra Soicu, Mr. F. Topala, Adrian Motoc, Rodica Lighezan, E. Tunde Stoica, L Vasile – Collaboration on optical coherence tomography.
- Professor Carmen Todea, Dr. Cosmin Balabuc, Laura Filip, Cristina Kerezsi, Mircea Calniceanu – Collaboration on investigation of apical microleakage after laser-assisted endodontic treatment.
- Professor Virgil-Florin Duma, Aurel Vlaicu Univ. of Arad, Romania, Dept. of Product Design – Visiting senior research fellow in the School of Physical Sciences.
University of Kent
- Kent Institute of Medicine and Health Sciences – Dr. Phillip Laissue.
- School of Biosciences – Dr. Jim Bloor and Dr. Lisha Ma.
- Institute of Ophthalmology, London – Professor Fred Fitzke, Professor of Visual Optics and Psychophysics.
- Professor Francesca Cordeiro, UCL Professor of Retinal Neurodegeneration & Glaucoma Studies – Researchers: Dr. L. Guo, Dr. A.S. Halfyard, Dr. Anke Lohmann, Dr. V. Luong, Dr. P. M. Munro Dr. V.Tsatourian, Dr. T. Morrissey.
- Guy’s Hospital, Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Department, London – Professor M. J. Gleeson, Mr. A. G. Bibas, Ms. V. M. M Ward, E. Odell, M. L Harries.
- Glaucoma Research Unit, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London – Dr. F. Oddone, Dr. P.G. Schlottmann, Dr. C. S. Sethi, Dr. H.-T.Wong.
- Hammersmith Hospital London, Histopathology Department – Professor Gordon W. H. Stamp, S. Shousha, E. M. A. Lalani.
- The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK – Dr. Jeffrey Bamber.
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust, Maidstone, Kent – Miss. C. A. Jones, Mr. B. Dong, Mr. J. Keller, Mr. M. Sira, Miss. C. Wilson.
- Northwick Park Hospital, Department of Cellular Pathology, London – Dr. P. J. Tadrous.
- Northwick Park Hospital London – Miss. Jingyin Y Pang, Mr. Y. Y. Zhang, Consultant ENT Surgeons.
- University of Liverpool, Cariology Group, Department of Clinical Dental Sciences, UK – Professor Susan M. Higham, Dr. G. Komarov.
- Medical Laser Institute, Lasers for Life, Liverpool – Dr. Christopher D. Russell.
- University of Liverpool, Division of Clinical Engineering, UK – Dr. Konstantinos Kosmidis, Dr. Richard A. Black.
- Pfizer, Sandwich – Professor Bill Wennart, Head of Molecular Medicine.
- The National Gallery, London – Dr. Marika Spring.
- The British Museum, London – Dr. David Saunders.
- Nottingham Trent University – Prof Haida Liang, Dr. A. Patterson, Dr. D. P. Crabb.
- Ophthalmic Technology Inc., Toronto, Canada – Mr. Rishard Weitz, CEO, Dr. S. Dunne, Dr. J. Pedro, Dr. M. Hathaway, Mr. A. Boxer.
- Imagine Eyes, Paris, France – Dr. Nicolas Chateau, CEO and Cofounder of Imagine Eyes, Dr. Fabrice Harms, Dr. Xavier Levecq.
- Laboratoire de Traitement et Transport de l’information, Institut Galilee, University Paris 13, France –Dr. Henri-Francois Raynaud, Dr. Caroline Kulcsar.
- University of Franche-Comté, Optics, France – Dr. Bruno Wacogne, Dr. C. Pieralli, Dr. T. Gharbi, Dr. Ph. Humbert.
- Institute for Physical Chemistry, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany – Andreas Henkel, Carsten Sönnichsen.
- Asahikawa Medical College, Department of Ophthalmology, Asahikawa, Japan – A.Yoshida, S.Ishiko, Y.Kato, A.Takamiya.
- Academic Medical Centre, Department of Ophthalmology, The Netherlands – Professor M. D. de Smet, Dr. M. E. van Velthoven, Dr. F. D. Verbraak.
- University of Minho, Braga, Life and Health Sciences Research Institute (ICVS), School of Health Sciences, Portugal – J. Castanheira, L. Ferreira, M. Ferreira, I.l Palmeirim.
- Multiwave Photonics, Porto, Portugal – Dr. Jose Salcedo, CEO.
- Superlum Ltd, Moscow Russia – Dr. Vladimir Shidlovski.
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary – Professor J. B. Walsh, D. Costa, P.T. Finger, Y. Fisher, P. Garcia, R.C. Gentile, S. Huang, Th.O. Muldoon, D.A. Orlock J. Nieto J. L. Rosenthal, J. Slakter, R. Spaide, D. V. Will.
- University of Central Florida, School of Optics, CREOL, Florida USA – Professor Aristide Dogariu.
- University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, Cariology Group, Department of Community Dentistry, San Antonio, Texas USA – Dr. Ben Amaechi.
- Sensors Unlimited, USA – Doug Malchow.