- Environmental NGOs and environmental movements in challenging times (with Dr Nathalie Berny, Sciences Po, Bordeaux)
- Contention over fracking (with Dr Matthew Ogilvie, Canterbury Christ Church University)
- Contention over renewable energy infrastructure (with Dr Matthew Ogilvie, Canterbury Christ Church University)
- Impacts of environmental movements (with Dr Eugene Nulman, Birmingham City University)
Major completed projects
- Caught in the Act of Protest: Contextualising Contestation (CCC), with Clare Saunders (University of Exeter), part of a European Science Foundation project on street demonstrations co-ordinated by Bert Klandermans, Free University of Amsterdam. Kent contribution funded by ESRC.
- Democracy in Europe and the Mobilization of Society (DEMOS), part of FP6 STREP project, a 7-national comparative project funded by European Commission DG Research and coordinated by Donatella della Porta, European University Institute.
- Transformation of Environmental Activism (the TEA project), a comparative study (EC funded) of the changing nature of environmental activism in eight European countries.
- Burning Issues: the politics of waste incineration. This grew out of the PEM project, a comparative study (EC-funded) of the role of environmental movements in the politics of waste management.
A major part of the output of the centre has been in the form of PhD theses.