We are delighted to announce a forthcoming, free conference entitled ‘Research-led teaching: Defining and Celebrating a Tradition’ to be held at the University of Kent (Canterbury campus) on Wednesday 26th of February, 11 am-7 pm.
This conference will explore definitions of research-led teaching, showing examples of where it is used well, and stimulating attendees to better develop and articulate its value in their professional practice.
You are cordially invited submit a proposal of 500 words to email@example.com by 1st November 2019.
This is an open call for papers, talks to be short and in a TED-style format. Proposals will need to address the overarching theme of research-led teaching. See the indicative list of questions on the Home page.
- The use of powerpoint is discouraged: no bullet points or stock images
- Where speakers have additional needs (e.g. a speech or language disorder) that make PowerPoint an essential tool for their presentation, this guidance does not, of course, apply.
- Home and international colleagues who are unable to attend in person will be able to present a pre-recorded presentation or via electronic means.
- Submissions are invited on any research topic concerned with research-led teaching.
- No preference or weighting is given in the peer review process relating to topics.
The following criteria will judge all submissions:
- The originality of questions addressed
- Effective use and clear explanation of research methodology
- Clarity of the research aims and objectives and outcomes
- The extent to which the work is rooted in the relevant literature
- Significance of the research and the contribution added to what is known about the area researched
- The quality of the data (where applicable) and the reliability and relevance of the conclusions
- The quality of evidence presented, whether derived from empirical work or scholarly analysis
Please include in your proposal submission the following information:
- Biographical info (30 words):
- Talk title:
- Talk summary (250-500 words):
- Completed proposals are to be received by 8th November 2019.
- Presenters will be informed on or around 1st December 2019
If you don’t wish to speak at the conference but would like to attend, please book a place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Canterbury on Wednesday 26th February!