If so, we invite you to become an affiliate staff member of the Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC), and connect with an interdisciplinary community of PhDs, postdoctoral research associates, and early, mid and late career researchers working to address global challenges through research.
Benefits of becoming a GCDC staff affiliate
- Added to the GCDC mailing list to receive direct updates on GCDC activities.
- Priority booking for GCDC events.
- A bio and picture on the GCDC website (to aid potential GCDC applicants in finding a suitable supervisor).
- Becoming part of a thriving, supportive community of interdisciplinary researchers working on GCRF-related themes.
The GCDC staff affiliate scheme is open to all academic staff members at the University of Kent undertaking research that addresses global challenges in DAC-list countries and supports the GCRF challenge areas and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
How to apply
There is no deadline for applications. Simply email a bio (500 words maximum) and picture to email@example.com with a link to your full academic profile. Your bio could include a reference to facts such as:
- Your GCRF-related research interests
- The GCRF challenge areas addressed in your research
- The UN SDGs supported by your research
- The DAC-list countries benefitting from your research
- The types of GCRF-related research projects you would be interested in supervising
We will be in touch to confirm within one week.