PLEASE NOTE THAT IN LIGHT OF THE EVOLVING SITUATION REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK THIS MEETING HAS BEEN POSTPONED. A NEW DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY.
An intensive, focused workshop on the topic of “Quantum Materials Meet Quantum Information” will be held at the University of Kent in Canterbury, England on 18 March 2019. This will be a short meeting focused on new ideas at the interface of quantum materials physics with quantum information theory. Its main aim is to highlight opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration.
Seminar Room 6, Keynes College, University of Kent (directions)
- Carlos Perez-Delgado (Kent) – “Applying Quantum Advantage to Computation”
- Christian Schilling (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München) – “Correlation Paradox of the Dissociation Limit: Formal Discussion and Quantitative Resolution based on Quantum Information Theory”
- Jinzhao Sun (Oxford) – “Finding the ground state of the correlated materials on the near-term quantum hardwares”
- Gunnar Moller (Kent) – Title TBA
- Jorge Quintanilla (Kent) – Title TBA
- Sudeep Ghosh (Kent) – Title TBA
More speakers to be announced soon.
12.30-13.30 Buffet Lunch