A number of our undergraduate and MSc students publish papers with the support of their supervisor. Some of their recently published are listed below. Student names are highlighted in bold and their supervisors' names are underlined.
- Jamie Knott, Haiyue Yuan, Matthew Boakes and Shujun Li (2023) “Cyber Security and Online Safety Education for Schools in the UK: Looking through the Lens of Twitter Datal.” In Proceedings of the 38th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2023), pp. 1603-1606, ACM. DOI: 10.1145/3555776.3577805.
- Alice Jaffray, Conor Finn and Jason R. C. Nurse (2021) “SherLOCKED: A Detective-Themed Serious Game for Cyber Security Education.” In Human Aspects of Information Security and Assurance: 15th IFIP WG 11.12 International Symposium, HAISA 2021, Virtual Event, July 7–9, 2021, Proceedings. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Volume 613, pp. 35-45, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-81111-2_4. Read more here.
- Suraj Sharma, Joseph Brennan and Jason Nurse (2021) “StockBabble: A Conversational Financial Agent to support Stock Market Investors.” In Proceedings of the 3rd Conference on Conversational User Interfaces (CUI 2021), Article Number 25, 5 pages, ACM. DOI: 10.1145/3469595.3469620. Read more here.
- Budi Arief, Andy Periam, Orçun Çetin and Julio Hernandez-Castro (2020). “Using Eyetracker to Find Ways to Mitigate Ransomware.” In Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Information Systems Security and Privacy (ICISSP 2020), Volume 1, pp. 448-456, SciTePress. DOI: 10.5220/0008956004480456.
- Edward Knight, Sam Lord and Budi Arief (2019). “Lock Picking in the Era of Internet of Things.” In Proceedings of 18th IEEE International Conference On Trust, Security And Privacy In Computing And Communications/13th IEEE International Conference On Big Data Science And Engineering (TrustCom/BigDataSE), pp. 835-842, IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/TrustCom/BigDataSE.2019.00121.
- Jack McBride, Budi Arief and Julio Hernandez-Castro (2018) “Security Analysis of Contiki IoT Operating System.” In Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN 2018), pp. 278-283. DOI: 10.5555/3234847.3234913.
- Jack McBride, Julio Hernandez-Castro and Budi Arief (2017) “Earworms make bad passwords: An analysis of the Noke smart lock manual override.” In Proceedings of the 2017 International Workshop on Secure Internet of Things (SIoT 2017), held in conjunction with ESORICS 2017, pp. 30-39, IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/SIoT.2017.00009.
- Betsy Uchendu, Jason R.C. Nurse, Maria Bada and Steven Furnell (2021) “Developing a cyber security culture: Current practices and future needs.” Computers & Security, Volume 109, Article Number 102387, 23 pages, Elsevier. DOI: 10.1016/j.cose.2021.102387.
- Ali Hariri, Nicolas Giannelos and Budi Arief (2019) “Selective Forwarding Attack on IoT Home Security Kits.” In Computer Security: ESORICS 2019 International Workshops, CyberICPS, SECPRE, SPOSE, and ADIoT, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, September 26–27, 2019 Revised Selected Papers, presented at the 2nd International Workshop on Attacks and Defenses for Internet-of-Things (ADIoT 2019), in conjunction with ESORICS 2019, pp. 360-373, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-42048-2_23.
- Gavin Hull, Henna John and Budi Arief (2019) “Ransomware Deployment Methods and Analysis: Views from a Predictive Model and Human Responses.” Crime Science, Volume 8, Article Number 2, 22 pages. DOI: 10.1186/s40163-019-0097-9.