Wunderkammer is a discussion group for all staff and research postgraduates interested in the history of science, medicine, technology and environment. Wunderkammer meets on Tuesdays in alternate weeks, at 17.30 in the Unicorn Inn, Canterbury. Details of our programmes are posted on the Science Comma blog. Participants discuss research papers, book chapters and works in progress. There is also a dedicated slot for everyone to discuss their ongoing research in an informal and collaborative setting.
Below are a list of events that the Centre has organised and/or been a key contributor to.
- 28th – 29th June 2018, Oral Health Inequalities Workshop, University of Kent
- Wednesday 6th December 2017, 5-6pm. Meeting the Publishers. A workshop for PhD students on how to publish your first monograph. Eliot Lecture Theatre 2
- Tuesday 5th December 2017, 5.30-7pm. Centre meeting and social, CNWsr3
- Wednesday 29th November 2017, 2-4pm. Pop-up exhibition and talk to celebrate Disability History Month. Special Collections, Templeman Library
- In 2016 the Centre hosted the Social History of Medicine and European Association for the History of Medicine conference.
- In 2015 the Centre organised a major exhibition on Cold War Science and Culture.
- In 2013/14 the Centre hosted an international conference to mark the 50th anniversary of the declaration of Helsinki.
- Spring 2013 Professor Jonathan D. Moreno joined the Centre/School of History as a Visiting Fellow (now Visiting Professor).
- From 2012 onwards the Centre has hosted a Wellcome Trust-sponsored Annual Public Lecture.