The Research & Innovation Board (RIB) is a formal committee of Senate. It is responsible for the University’s strategy and policy relating to research and innovation. For more information on its work, contact the Secretary to the Board, Phil Ward.
Its membership, terms of reference, agendas, papers and minutes are available to local users here.
Subcommittees and working groups
A number of subcommittees and working groups report to or inform decisions made at RIB. These include:
- Ethics & Governance Committee
- Office for Scholarly Communication Advisory Group
- Public Engagement with Research Advisory Group
- Researcher Development Working Group
- Transparent Full Economic Costing Group (TRAfEC)
A full list of the University’s research centres is available here.
The assessment of new research centres and their subsequent triennial review is undertaken by each Faculty. The Faculty’s recommendations are then formally approved by Senate.
These forms should be used for this assessment
For more information on the timing and process of this, contact the Faculties Support Office.