The Research Prizes scheme celebrates the work and achievements of the University’s academics and researchers. The scheme was established in 2015 to mark the University’s 50th anniversary.
For more information about the scheme Phil Ward.
This year’s competition
This year’s competition is now open for nominations. For the first time it will bring together research and innovation. The deadline is 20 May 2019. More details here.
The prize winners 2018
The 2018 competition closed in January 2018. The parameters and guidance for the competition are available here.The winners were:
Technical Support for Research Prizes
- Frank Gasking – Psychology, Social Sciences
- Lloyd Bosworth – SECL, Humanities
Starting Research Prizes
- Faculty Prize for Social Sciences Dr Jake E. Bicknell – SAC
- Faculty Prize for Humanities Dr Margherita Laera – Arts
Consolidator Research Prizes
- Faculty Prize for Sciences Dr Jennifer Tullet – Biosciences
- Faculty Prize for Social Sciences Dr Matthew Skinner – SAC
- University Prize Professor Ayse K Uskul – Psychology
Advanced Research Prizes
- Faculty Prize for Social Sciences Professor Sarah Vickerstaff – SSPSSR
- Faculty Prize for Social Sciences Professor Stephen Peckham – SSPSSR
- University Prize Professor Peter Taylor-Gooby – SSPSSR
The picture on our homepage is of the 2018 Research Prize winners.
Details of all previous winners are on the main University website.