As part of our overall GCRF strategy and in order to facilitate partnerships with colleagues in these countries, the University has established the GCRF Partnership Development Fund and a Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC).
- GCRF Partnership Development Fund. This is intended to forge relationships and develop projects and is a combination of what was previously the GCRF Partnership Fund, Workshop Fund and Fortuity Fund in 2018-19. This year, the focus is on building on projects previously funded by GCRF. The deadline for applications is Monday, 18 November 2019 at 5pm, and you can apply for up to £10,000. More details here.
- Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC). The University has established the GCDC to fund ODA-compliant doctoral and postdoctoral research. The Centre will fund 10 doctoral scholarships in 2020, and more information is available here. In addition, the GCDC has launched a call for staff-led projects to fund postdoctoral researcher appointments in the first half of 2020. More information is available here, and the application deadline is Monday, 18 November 2019.
Large & Complex Grants Fund
The Large and Complex Grants Fund is intended to offset some of the costs of putting together collaborative projects for prestigious schemes.These may be the time spent by applicants, travel and subsistence costs to meet collaborators, or funding for pilot projects.
Public Engagement with Research (PER) Fund
We are committed to embedding public engagement with research across the University, and to encourage high quality, innovative and effective activities with high impact. The PER Fund can cover the cost of communicating research activity and outcomes; listening to public views and concerns; and involving the public as researchers.
You can apply for up to £2,000, and there is no disciplinary limit. More details here.
Article Processing Charge (APC) Fund
We support the principles and objectives of Open Access and Open Science. Ideally, this should be Green Open Access, but we support Gold Open Access where appropriate. For this, there is a limited fund that will offset the article processing charges incurred. It is open to both staff and postgraduate students, and more details are available here.
Faculty Research Funds
In addition, each Faculty has a small fund to support research, as follows:
- Sciences Faculty Research Fund
- Social Sciences Faculty Research Fund
- Humanities Faculty Research Fund