The Grants Factory is a series of workshops that develop the skills and inside knowledge necessary for writing successful applications.
They are led by academics with experience in applying for, reviewing and assessing applications.
The 2017-18 programme is as follows, but is subject to change. Contact Phil Ward to take part in any of these events.
- 11 Sept 2017: Shut up and Write! (one week workshop)
- 11 Oct 2017: British Academy Visit
- 18 Oct 2017: Applying for a Leverhulme Fellowship
- 27 Oct 2017: Essential Elements of a Successful Proposal (Canterbury)
- 9 Nov 2017: ERC Consolidator & Advanced Grants
- 15 Nov 2017: EPSRC Mock Panel
- 12 Dec 2017: AHRC Mock Panel
- 13 Dec 2017: Essential Elements of a Successful Proposal (Medway)
- 11 Jan 2017: Thinking Creatively about Alternative Funding (with KIE and the Development Office)
- 31 Jan 2018: Costing a Proposal (Canterbury)
- 5 Feb 2018: Costing a Proposal (Medway)
- 2 March 2018: Using Social Media and Other Online Tools to Support your Research (Medway)
- 9 March 2018: Open Access: Why Should I Care?
- 27 March 2018: Navigating Copyright
- Identifying an idea
- Essential elements of a good proposal:
- Costing a proposal
- Responding to reviewers’ comments, and specifically EPSRC comments
- Recycling your proposal
- Using social media
The Grants Factory is complemented by the Early Career Researcher Network (ECRN), which offers mutual support to academics at the beginning of their careers. For more information on either, contact Phil Ward.